Thursday 6 September 2012

Welcome to my very first post on the brand new Karen Davis blog!

I'm thrilled to be writing this as my beauty page at West Sussex County Times (WSCT) launches on 13th September 2012 and this blog is to accompany the new website and give a bit more information than the page can.  You may not know that I also write for PQ International, a polo magazine that is kind enough to let me have three pages to rattle on about luxury beauty every month.  Anyway, in the main, my website and blog are going to be extensions of my work for the magazine and paper, mixed in with news from the day job as one of the UK's longest established beauty PR's.  Hopefully, the news should be interesting (you'll be the judge of that) and fun (I'll be the judge of that).

Today, I'm off to the lovely Felbridge Hotel in East Grinstead to meet with Stuart Noble (hotel manager) and Corrine, a friend who is a freelance PR and lives near Midhurst.

Anyway, the Felbridge Hotel underwent a major refurb a few years ago and the inside now looks fantastic with the exterior, as ever, a challenge.  Do go in as they have a great bar, good restaurants and a luxury spa, which is what I'm reviewing for a future page.  Stuart tells me they've just added Guinot products to their listings.  I was a HUGE fan of Guinot around 10 years ago before moving to Environ and others since.  They lost their way a little in the UK for around 6 years, but there must be a new management team as they are popping up everywhere.   We'll come back to Guinot after the review.

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of working with Jennifer Lucy (www.jenniferlucymakeup.com) who did my make up for my profile photo on this blog and the new WSCT page and Graham Franks (www.grahamfrankspics.co.uk) the brilliant photographer that I've worked with for years who took the shots.  I have to say, thanks to them it took perhaps just 30 minutes to take the photos?  It was just how I like to work - in, out, job done.  Thank you both.

Finally, do sign up to follow this blog if you love beauty (and my ramblings mixed in) and I'll see you next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment