Wednesday 28 November 2012

Laser Lipo - The Start of the Course

Which of us doesn't look at our body and find faults?  Too fat, love handles, jelly belly, thunder thighs, back fat, bingo wings....I've probably got all of these and more.

However, I've now lost a stone and with a stone and a half to go, I'm utterly bored by the whole process.  2012 was meant to be the year I lost all the weight I wanted to and 2013 is meant to be about the actual shape and condition of my body - firmer, more defined - you know the drill.

So, not having quite achieved the target set in 2012, I've moved onto 2013's target as it might give me the impetus to lose the remaining fat.

December is a tough time to start a body reshaping programme but in past years I've used this month as an excuse to start indulging in treats as early as possible before the party really starts.  Not this year.  If I'm to print reviews of treatments in January, they need to be completed before Christmas.  So here I am, starting my first Laser Lipo treatment with the lovely Teresa at www.laserlipo-beauty.co.uk
Not me, my stomach is so bad I can't bring myself to put it up here, but it gives you an idea.  On the left, before, on the right, after a course of 8 treatments (4 weeks)


Laser Lipo claims to be able to sculpt arms, backs, thighs, bottoms and stomachs without surgery but there is a downside, you have to put in some work.  You have to do fat burning exercise and the more you do the better the results.  You also have to be pretty sensible on the diet front, but it's not completely restricted, just very sensible.  Not much really after 6pm and no carbs after 5pm.  I'm unconvinced on the science of the no carbs thing, but I'll go with it for now.  What I do know is that eating late is bad for you.

So, after the humiliating photos in pants and bra (so awful I can't tell you) I'm on the couch, a belt is strapped around me, two pads placed on the problem areas and two much smaller ones on my groin (to help drainage into the lymph glands) and each area is blasted for 10 minutes.  So gentle is this treatment that I don't even know it's happening.  After 40 minutes (4 different areas), I'm taken off the machine and popped onto a PowerPlate for 10 minutes.  I'm now in bra, knickers and trainers...vibrating...a lot.  My husband and best friend laugh until they're nearly sick at the image when I tell them.  The PowerPlate is actually pretty unpleasant at first, but a walk in the park compared to surgery, so I keep this thought in my head.  At the end, I'm red all over from the circulation boost and Teresa tells me that my metabolism should be revved up but I need to get back and do some interval training for 30 mins.  She may have said more than 30 minutes, but 30 mins is the blast I'm giving it.

So, currently, I've lost 4 cm's off the stomach/hip area, but what it has told me is that I've got complacent with my exercise.  I need to seriously ramp it up for 2013 in terms of intensity - oh good...

The science behind Laser Lipo is quite good and there are no side effects, no potential of being burnt as you can with lasers during IPL (hair removal with lasers).

Here's the bumpf from the Laser Lipo website:

"Cell Breakdown
The breaking down of the fat cells starts when the laser penetrates the skin and makes contact with the fat cells. Pores form on the cells causing them to 'sweat'. The water, Glycerol and free fatty acids emerge from the cells and then occupy the space beneath the fatty layer in the skin.

"Lymphatic Drainage
The fat cells reduce in size and the lymphatic system then removes the fatty liquids through the venous system, where they are processed in the same way as fatty foods that are digested. Not only is the procedure quick, safe and pain-free, it is also healthy.

"After Care
After Care advice encourages clients to follow a sensible health and exercise routine. The Laser Lipo procedure does not harm the body in any way and will still maintain its ability to store fat in the areas where the work has been carried out. This is an important health factor as it prevents the fat being stored in different parts such as around the heart or other vital organs. If clients eat sensibly and regularly, combined with exercise, the body shape will retain the effects of the Laser Lipo treatment."

Treatment number 2 on Saturday - I'll let you know how I get on.

2 comments:

  1. Male liposuction I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liposuction cost I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

    ReplyDelete